Progressive Property Managment Helps to Raise Awareness for Leukemia
A few of the pictures of the wonderful evening.
SERVPRO of Costa Mesa is always looking for ways to help the community in a variety of ways. For us, it is never enough to just do the jobs we do to help people, but we also strive to help our communities in a number of ways. Monday night we were able to help raise awareness and be involved in a fundraiser for a charity called Light the Night. It was hosted by Progressive Property Community Management to help raise both awareness and funds to help support those with Leukemia and Lymphoma. The night itself was full of fun and laughter since it was hosted at the Irvine Improv which included a dinner and stand up comedy. We had a few of our SERVPRO of Costa Mesa crew members head over there and get involved. A huge THANK YOU to Progressive Property Community Management for their hard work in organizing the event and we look forward to being involved in future events.
SERVPRO of Costa Mesa Employee of the Month
Mr. Ramon is always on time, helpful to staff and customers and arrives with a can-do attitude each day.
It doesn’t go without saying that all of our employees are hardworking individuals who strive daily to bring forth the best customer service in water/fire restoration and mold remediation. In the month of July 2016 we asked our Crew Chiefs and Project Managers to put forth the name of one of our technicians who was going above and beyond the call of SERVPRO Ready. With unanimous vote and second thought, there was a clear winner that our July Employee of the Month would be Mr. Ramon. Among the crew members the stories shared of just how far he goes to care for customers belongings and how quickly and effectively he is able to perform his work duties on the daily really made it clear that Mr. Ramon was an employee we are lucky to have. Thanks Mr. Ramon for being the hard worker you are and we hope you enjoy the special SERVPRO goodies.
Costa Mesa Multi Unit Complex Gets SERVPRO Treatment
When it rains, it pours. So let SERVPRO of Costa Mesa be your umbrella from the storm.
Recently SERVPRO of Costa Mesa responded to a water damage caused by a plumber working on a separate area of the building. The building was a multiunit apartment complex. This plumber was fixing a pipe that had burst in the slab. They had rerouted the line through the walls and had just turned the water back on, when disaster struck. Immediately after he turned the water back on a supply line under the kitchen sink burst, causing it to flood the upstairs apartment and cascaded down into the two apartments below.
The plumber, who also performs water damage restoration, tried to send their crews out and bill the owners insurance company. However, when the claim was reported SERVPRO of Costa Mesa was dispatched immediately. The restoration crew that the plumber had sent out was not capable of performing the job correctly. They gave no consideration to possible asbestos testing or abatement being needed. In addition, they did not have the correct tools to properly diagnose the extent of the water damage. They simply wanted to cut out all the dry wall in the entire unit and set up lots of equipment to dry the framing. Doing so would have displaced the families in all three affected apartments.
SERVPRO of Costa Mesa was able to help avoid an even larger disaster. We were able to dry most of the affected areas in place as well as prevented the families in the apartments from having to be moved out. This saved the insurance company and the building owner THOUSANDS of dollars in unnecessary expenses. Every day we see plumbing companies trying to start a division which does water damage restoration. Most of these companies do not have the first clue as to how to properly dry down a structure, minimize damage and prevent any further environmental exposures. They seem to think that all you have to do is set up air movers and dehumidifiers and bill the insurance company large amounts of money. So the next time you have a slide of water damage in your building, call the people who know how to get the job done right the first time and don't have dollar signs in their eyes.
Call today at 949-566-8887 or contact us online here.
Check out a list of our qualifications here.
Restoration Red Flags for Your Costa Mesa Home
Give SERVPRO of Costa Mesa a chance to help make it "Like it never even happened".
SERVPRO of Costa Mesa recently had the opportunity to go out to a job site in Newport Beach as a consultant for an insurance company. We arrived at the customer’s home to inspect the work of another restoration company that on been on site for several hours. The customer had a supply line to the toilet in the upstairs bathroom burst earlier that day. The water flooded the bathroom and a family room below. The carpet on both levels was soaking wet. The furniture was sitting on the soaking wet carpet.
The restoration company (Service First Restoration) had not even bothered to extract the water from the carpet or move the furniture from the carpet itself. When I asked them why, the technician in charge on site stated that the extractor was too heavy for him to lift by himself. They had sent over only one technician to the job site. I recommended to the customer to get extraction immediately. Then the story changed. The technician said he didn’t even have an extractor on his truck. He said he would use a “shop vac” to extract the water from the carpet. These "shop vacs" are cheap and inexpensive and never get the job done properly, especially for the large loss this customer was going through at this time. That should have been the first red flag for the insured. The “restoration company” didn’t even have the correct tools to correctly remove the water.
The customer also had an extensive collection of displayed fine China and figurines worth thousands of dollars each. This is where the second red flag was waved. The restoration company didn’t do contents handling. They were going to call another company to handle it for them instead of having their own employees be trained and handle it right away.
Red Flag number three came as an extension to red flag #2; the “contents company” (Alpha) that was being brought on started talking about taking all the contents off site and wanted to bill thousands of dollars to store goods that the homeowner could have stored right on site.
After all of these red flags the customer decided she had enough and asked the other restoration company to leave. SERVPRO of Costa Mesa took over the project, started extraction of the moisture from the carpet straight away with the correct equipment. Expertly packing the fine China and figurines and leaving them on site in the customer’s care and to the customer’s liking. We minimized the amount of damage and cost involved. Then we set up containment for drying and dust control and properly dried out the structure. Once this was complete, the restoration and repairs estimate was prepared and executed on time and on budget so as to benefit the customer entirely.
Give SERVPRO of Costa Mesa a call at (949)-566-8887 or contact us online here. SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point will make it Like it never even happened.
What is Lurking in Your Costa Mesa Air Ducts?
A before & after a HVAC cleaning.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that the ventilation system is often the biggest issue when it comes to poor unhealthy air quality. Most offices HVAC systems have been operating for long periods of time without any attention for maintenance or cleaning. This is a HUGE mistake, since dirty air ducts can circulate foul odors and spread contaminants such as mold and dust throughout the building.
- SERVPRO of Costa Mesa provides routine inspection and cleaning services for these HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning) systems you often don’t think twice about. Unlike many other duct cleaning services, we think about HVAC systems all the time and use a Portable Ventilation & Air Duct Clean System to help example ductwork. This allows us to provide a clean sweep to remove years and years of dust, grime, mold and dirt. The process itself is rather easy:
- The process starts with using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which will automatically adapt to any air duct shape and diameter while traveling throughout the system. It removes unwanted debris as it moves through the duct system.
- Next, we perform a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection to transfer debris out of the air ducts and into a large 16-gallon container.
- As air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, roughly 99.97% of particles are cleaned from the air stream.
- An optional process provided would be to add a sealant or coating product that can be sprayed to attack and address any foul odors or microbial concerns.
- Finally, any filters for the ducts can be either cleaned or completely removed and replaced with new filters.
It is important to understand that SERVPRO of Costa Mesa offers this service with customers in mind for several preventative reasons. One includes the fact that during a fire these unclean air ducts give more fuel for the fire that is engulfing your home or office. With clean air ducts we can help give your home or office building a better chance at containing fire to a centralize location. So the next time you smell something uneasy in your home or office, give SERVPRO of Costa Mesa a call at (949)-566-8887 so we can schedule an air duct inspection. You can also contact us here.
To learn more about other cleaning services we offer, check out our cleaning services page here.
SERVPRO of Costa Mesa Gives Back to the Community
SERVPRO of Costa Mesa, helping our community is just one part of the job.
At the start of every year SERVPRO of Costa Mesa lays in front of us a list of community services we would like to be involved in, either as sponsors, volunteers or organizers. With the year half over we have to go back and see our list and start checking some off. So far, we are happy to report that we have quite a few checked off our list:
- Race on the Base2016 in Los Alamitos proved to be both exciting and helpful. Some of our employees were challenge to run in a 10K (6.2 miles) to help benefit the Wounded Warrior & Rock for Vets Charity projects through the Los Alamitos Air Force Base.
- OC Trail Runin Irvine pushed out employees even further to help raise awareness and funds to support the Irvine Ranch Conservancy. Running a total of 7.1 miles through the trails of the Irvine wild life really helped our SERVPRO of Costa Mesa employees connect with Mother Nature.
- Continuing with the theme to pushing the limits, a few of our employees ran in the Southern California Terrain Race in Lake Elsinore. It was a 5K (3.1 miles), but it included over 15 obstacles such as rope climbing, wall jumping and getting down in the dirty mud. This community services was purely driven to help promote healthy life styles for everyone in our communities.
- Finally coming back closer to home, SERVPRO of Costa Mesa took part in the Los Angeles City of Anaheim Angels 5K and fun Run to help benefit the Angel fund. The Angel fund included involvement with the improvement of Education, Healthcare, Art & Sciences and community related involvement for the youth in the Anaheim area.
- After helping kids in Anaheim we went to Long Beach to do the Wrigley River Run 10K that helped raise funds for at risk youth in the Long Beach area through the Long Beach Neighborhood Foundation (LBNF).
- Finally we recently were able to zone in on helping a community of people that is really close. The Hemophilia Walk in Los Angeles was amazing and helped to raise funds and awareness for those with various levels of Hemophilia.
We have many more community involved runs, charities and events coming up through the next couple of months, so be sure to check in on our SERVPRO team and our events here. If you would like to get involved with us feel free to contact us at 949-831-6201 or online here. We would love to be more involved with our communities in and outside the Anaheim Area. To see a few snap shots of the fun we had in helping our communities, check out our pictures here.
When Storms or Floods hit Costa Mesa, SERVPRO is ready!
When nature gets wild, let SERVPRO of Costa Mesa come help you get it under control.
SERVPRO of Costa Mesa specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Costa Mesa, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (949)-566-8887 or contact us online here.
For Immediate Service in Costa Mesa, Call SERVPRO
Fast to any size disaster, SERVPRO of Costa Mesa has your back. Call today, or any time, 949-566-8887
SERVPRO of Costa Mesa provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Costa Mesa. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (949)-566-8887
Whether your Costa Mesa home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Costa Mesa commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Let SERVPRO of Costa Mesa be your first call after disaster strikes.
Cleaning Up Costa Mesa Vandalism and Graffiti
If you have vandalism or graffiti at you home, office or place of worship, give SERVPRO of Costa Mesa a call to help you ASAP!
Vandalism and graffiti can be very upsetting and costly. It ranges from the small teenager prank of egging a home to something more serious that could lead to bigger issues down the line, like a water line breaking from someone busting a pipe outside your home. If you need vandalism or graffiti cleanup services, give SERVPRO of Costa Mesa a call today at (949)-566-8887 or contact us here.
SERVPRO of Costa Mesa can remove vandalism and graffiti from home and commercial spaces. In addition to removing spray-painted graffiti from exterior walls, we can also clean driveways, walkways, asphalt, metals, wood, glass, plastic, and masonry. Our highly trained technicians can offer the following services:
·General cleaning and graffiti removal
·Brick, stone, and concrete cleaning
·Odor removal and deodorization
· Water damage restoration
· Fire damage restoration
· Mold damage restoration
· Contents cleaning
Let SERVPRO of Costa Mesa help you with all of your vandalism and graffiti clean up today.
Does Your Costa Mesa Home Have A Mold Problem?
Don't let your home get this bad. Call SERVPRO of Costa Mesa right away at 949-831-6201
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 949-831-6201 or Contact us here.